Shipping and Maritime law
Christos Paraskevas LLC provides legal assistance in all shipping-related fields of law including vessel registration, claims for loss and/or damage of cargo, collisions and disputes under shipbuilding and repairing contracts.
The Law Firm maintains strong links with all sectors of shipping and maritime law in Cyprus and provides assistance to our clients in all shipping-related fields of law including ship finance, litigation and admiralty.
Our Law Firm advises owners, managers, charterers, freight forwarders and their respective insurers and helps to resolve commercial and legal problems in Cyprus and abroad.
We offer a full range of services for the purchase and sale of vessels, from the creation of an offshore corporation to the registration and documentation of the vessel.
Areas of work undertaken by the department include the registration of shipping companies and ships and yachts worldwide, their administration, transfer of ownership, change of name, deletion and crew payroll. We also handle freight and off-hire disputes, salvage, pollution, financing, security and choice of flag.
With the support of the Litigation department, the Firm is able to draw on their experience relating to matters involving vessel arrest, shipping disputes and claims, including claims for loss of cargo and personal injuries.
Our advice and assistance is sought on all types of Shipping and Maritime matters, including:
- Registration of shipping companies and ships and yachts worldwide, their administration, transfer of ownership, change of name, deletion and crew payroll
- Registration of shipping companies under the Cypriot flag
- claims for loss or damage to cargo
- disputes under shipbuilding and repairing contracts
- financing, security and the enforcement of mortgages
- personal injury claims
- advising on the acquisition of new tonnage
- aviation matters including aircraft registration and finance
- all related company law and tax matters
- Insurance coverage opinions